Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The First Entry

What is up, my fellow readers. Are you passing through because of a search engine query? Well, let me explain what you're getting into. I grew up in the pre-Internet boom 1990s. It was a time where due to limited resources, I was able to formulate ideas of what I found attractive in regards to females. As I look back on it, my taste was somewhat strange and went from one extreme end to the other. Thanks to Shape magazine, I found fit bodies to be extremely attractive. I also didn't mind a little muscle as long as it wasn't too cartoonish.

If I had to give an example, it would be Cory Everson. She hosted Gotta Sweat, a morning fitness show that lasted from 1995-1999. Expect to see many posts about her.

In pop culture at the time, many "underground" fashions were starting to creep up on the mainstream. There was slacker-chic, heroin-chic, the waif, the punk, the alterna-rocker, etc. Quite a few supermodels that weren't in the same class as Cindy Crawford were sporting this look. With all due respect to Cindy Crawford(who'll most likely be posted about in the near future), her look at the time was very tasteful compared to someone like Sibyl Buck, who sported a waifish alterna-rocker look. I have to give thanks to the Crawford hosted MTV show House of Style for informing me of her existence when I was eleven.

Sibyl ended up leaving the modeling industry for motherhood and musical endeavors. Along with other models like Beri Smither and Shalom Harlow, I developed an interest in the atypical supermodel of the 1990s.

So basically, in a nutshell, this blog is a somewhat perverted and oddball tribute to women I found attractive. So bring on the cease and desist orders, or at least laugh with me over my somewhat offbeat tastes. Now if one of you can find me a woman who can balance being fit and hip, I'll be forever in your debt, haha.

So stick around. I'll try to keep this up for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment